Subtilis Consulting were appointed by the client to provide project management services in relation to reinstatement of damage resulting from a signficant fire to a cafe located along a busy main road in Kings Cross, Central London.
The fire which originated in the kitchen within the basement caused significant fire damage to the basement and smoke damage to the remainder of the building. Subtilis Consulting arranged and project managed the following;
- Prepared a specification and schedule of works
- Obtained competitive tender estimates from experienced contractors
- Arranged for a formal contract under JCT with the building owners
- Contract administration duties for the duration of the works
- Liaison and provision of updates to the loss adjuster
The existing air intake and extraction ducting required to be replaced and upgraded to meet current building regulations. This presented significant difficulties in respect to finding a suitable route for the new ductwork. Specialist works were also required in respect of replacement of the pre-existing dumb-waiter and commercial kitchen installation. Appropriate statutory approvals were obtained.
The works were completed within programme and the property managers conveyed the landlords appreciation at the way the project was administered.
Client : Commercial shop owner
Works : Fire damage refurbishment works
Value of works : £ 185,000
Duration : 4 months