Subtilis Consulting were appointed to provide project management services following a significant fire which occured to a recently completed architect designed extension. The fire was contained within the extension but smoke damage had caused significant damage to the remainder of the original Victorian building.
The damage to the extension encompassed many bespoke items including kitchen and utility units, external sliding doors, architectural features and finishes and storage solutions. The original architectural plans were obtained and a full specification prepared using the JCT form of contract. The specialist repair works included for the following;
- Assessment of the underfloor heating
- Supply and installation of external full width sliding doors
- Specialist cleaning (ice treatment) and de-humidification
- Bespoke kitchen design and installation and built-in cupboards
- Specialist engineered concrete floor finish
- New bathroom and shower suites
- Replacement of brushed aluminium cladding panels externally
Original Kitchen Completed kitchen
Building contractors were invited to tender and a tender report was issued. Following approval, a contractor was appointed to carry out the scheduled works. On commencement of the works, it became clear that the installed kitchen did not exactly match the design shown on the drawings requiring a full bespoke design of the kitchen to match that previously existing.
The works were completed to specification and programme and the completion photographs shown above highlight the close match of the original bespoke kitchen to that installed under the contract.
Client : Residential Owner
Works : Fire damage refurbishment works
Value of works : £ 250,000
Duration : 8 Months